Driving directions to Lavender Barn
TR13 0RQ Google Map for TR13 0RQ
Sarah: 07932 166216; Tim: 07881 825909
Driving directions from A30
Take the A30 west following signs for Redruth/Camborne/Penzance.
• Take exit to Camborne (West) – not Pool/Camborne. As you leave the A30, take the right hand lane (marked – ‘All other directions’) as you sweep left towards the roundabout.
• At the roundabout turn right (signed to Connor Downs).
• After 2 miles (at Connor Downs) take the left turn (Gwinear Road) signed to Carnhell Green.
You will soon pass the excellent Trevaskis Farm shop (on your right) and then traverse a rather bumpy railway level crossing.
• At Carnhell Green you turn right and immediately left at The Pendarves Inn. You are then on the Cathebedron/Howe Downs Road.
• When you reach a T junction (opposite a stone gateway), turn right onto the B3280 (Praze Road) to Leedstown (1.5m)
• At Leedstown turn left (in front of the Duke of Leeds Pub) onto the B3302 which you follow for about 5 miles until you meet the A394 Penzance to Helston road.
• Turn right towards Penzance and first left. Small un-named lane
• Take the first proper left turn and follow this narrow country lane for ¼ mile or so and take the first right turn.
• Head down the hill and we are the 2nd and 3rd entrance on left. Signed - Lanner Vean Barns or Lavender Barn.
Driving directions from Helston
If you approach Helston from Falmouth – follow signs for the Lizard Peninsular, skirting the town centre.
• Just after you reach the Sainsbury’s/Flambards roundabout you will see signs for Porthleven. (follow these)
• Turn right at the next roundabout (featuring with the large helicopter) which will take you past the hospital (on your left).
• Turn left at next roundabout (opposite Spar supermarket) and drive down the hill.
• Turn left at the bottom of the hill (again signed Porthleven) and take the B3304 leaving the boating lake on your right.
• You go up a hill and at the top you’ll pass Penventon Farm on your left.
• Take the next right turn (after a lay-by) and drive along the narrow lane.
• After ½ mile take the second left turn (on an acute bend to the left).
• Lanner Vean Barns/Lavender Barn is the 2nd and 3rd entrance on the left.
From Central Helston – take signs for Porthleven. (see above)
Driving directions from Penzance
Take the A30 East and follow signs for Helston.
At the third roundabout (outside Penzance) the A30 will go left to St. Ives but you should continue straight on to Helston (A394).
Follow this road for about 10 miles. After Breage you follow the road down through a sweeping left hand turn and there are signs for the turning to ‘Ancient Harbour’ of Porthleven.
Turn right to Porthleven.
After you enter the 40mph zone, take the first left hand turn (Tolponds Road).
Drive up the hill with houses on your right and fields on your left.
At the top turn left and after ¼ mile you come to a left hand bend with a long low barn and other buildings almost straight ahead of you.
Turn Right after the low barn
Take the first left (all unmarked lanes) and drive straight up the hill. Lanner Vean Barns/Lavender Barn is 1st and 2nd entrance on the right.
You are there!!